If you’re planning a holiday in The Netherlands and you’d like to discover the best of what the country has to offer, it’s highly recommendable to stay at one of the holiday parks of Center Parcs in Holland. The holiday parks offer privacy surrounded by nature or coast with the most wonderful sights in The Netherlands on your doorstep.
Center Parcs Holland: 9 holiday parks
- Center Parcs Zandoort
- Center Parcs De Eemhof
- Center Parcs Port Zélande
- Center Parcs De Huttenheugte
- Center Parcs Parc Sandur
- Center Parcs Het Heijderbos
- Center Parcs Het Meerdal
- Center Parcs Limburgse Peel
- Center Parcs De Kempervennen
About Center Parcs Holland
Center Parcs is an icon in The Netherlands. The first holiday park opened its doors in the 1970s and the holiday parks have been immensely popular ever since. Center Parcs offers accommodation for two people or the whole family. The holiday homes are beautifully and quietly located, in the middle of nature or on the coast, and those who stay at Center Parcs can count on child-friendly parks, with an indoor swimming pool, many play facilities, restaurants and the opportunity to take beautiful walks, bike rides and boat trips. Although the holiday parks of Center Parcs in Holland are very quietly located, you can easily drive to the most beautiful sights in the country from your holiday cottage.
9x Center Parcs in Holland
One of the most popular Center Parcs in Holland is Center Parcs Zandvoort. Of course, this has everything to do with the great location. The holiday park is located right by the Zandvoort beach and all it’s great beach clubs and seaside cafés. From the park you can walk straight through the dunes to the beach. This is a treat on a sunny day, but a nicebeach walk in cooler weather is also highly recommended. Also, you can reach the heart of Amsterdam within 25 minutes from this holiday park, both by car and train. Center Parcs Zandvoort has beautifully renovated holiday homes, suitable for two to ten people. But also fantastic beach cottages. Do you want to stay at Center Parcs Zandvoort for just one or a few nights? Book your stay at the Center Parcs Hotel, located on the promenade.
- Facilities: Aqua Mundo indoor swimming resort with aqua cinema, spa facilities, several slides and pools for small children. An indoor playground and trampoline park. Several outdoor playgrounds for all ages. Fun bikes for kids and various kids workshops and shows. Center Parcs Zandvoort offers bike rental, pedalo rental and seven restaurants and cafés, plus special facilities for babies.
- Don’t miss: Haarlem and Amsterdam (both reached by car or train within 25 minutes), the tulip fields in The Netherlands, Keukenhof Gardens and Zaanse Schans. A stay at Center Parcs Zandvoort is perfect if you want to see the top things to do in The Netherlands.
Center Parcs De Eemhof lets you enjoy both forest and water, because the holiday park borders on both forest Horsterwold and Eemmeer. So whether you like mountain biking, hiking, windsurfing, wakeboarding or stand up paddling: Center Parcs De Eemhof is perfect for an active holiday. There is also a large bouldering hall and a large indoor swimming paradise with no fewer than five slides and a surfing simulator. But then it’s time to relax, for example in the sauna of one of the spa cottages or one of the holiday homes located on the water. Center Parcs De Eemhof organizes special activities every season and is just a stone’s throw from Amsterdam and Utrecht.
- Facilities: hotel rooms, water front apartments, cottages, boat houses and especially themed kids cottages and adventure cottages sleeping two to twelve persons. Aqua Mundo indoor and outdoor swimming pool with five advenurous slides, a surfing simulator and children’s pool. Adventurous activities such as adventure golf, wall climbing and archery. Center Parcs De Eemhof offers (e)bike and funbike rentals as well as rentals for segways, pedalos, stand up paddles and even boats. The holiday park has its own beach club as well as seven other restaurants and cafés. Throughout the day and evening an entertainment programme is offered.
- Don’t miss: the stunning historical cities of Amersfoort and Utrecht are less than 30 minutes away, and Amsterdam can be reached by car within 45 minutes. You’re a stone’s throw away from the largest national park De Hoge Veluwe with its famous Kröller-Müller Museum.
Enjoy a holiday by the seaside at Center Parcs Port Zélande. This Center Parcs in The Netherlands is located in Zeeland, one of the country’s most popular provinces to spend a holiday. The holiday park is the perfect place for beach lovers as Grevelingen and the North Sea Beaches are just a few minutes walk. Water enthusiast well absolutely enjoy the indoor swimming pool with slides and a brand new water play house for children, as well as sailing, beach sailing, water jumping and water excursions on Grevelingen. Grab a towel or rent a boat, canoe or stand up paddle to relish the best the Dutch seaside has to offer.
- Facilities: appartments and cottates that sleep two to twelve people. Glamping enthusiasts will appreciate the 6-person luxury lodge tents at Center Parcs Port Zélande. As well as every possible water activity you can think of, kids wil also enjoy the indoor playground, trampolines, indoor golf as well as the outdoor climbing wall and a fun entertainment programme. You can have meals at one of the seven restaurants at the holiday park or have your meals or the supplies for a BBQ delivered at your cottage.
- Don’t miss: all the beautiful beaches in Zeeland. I especially enjoy the beach in Dishoek and Vrouwenpolder. Visit the lively city of Middelburg, as well as the stunning villages Veere and Zierikzee. Enjoy a wine tasting at De Kleine Schorre and eat oyster in ‘oyster-village’ Yerseke.
Play paradise, ancient dolmens and the tranquility of a glittering lake. One of the most beautiful Center Parcs in the Netherlands is located in the province of Drenthe: Center Parcs De Huttenheugte. Located in a forest, surrounded by beautiful heathlands. You can hop on your bike, discover the centuries-old dolmens or have fun at the holiday park. Enjoy the indoor swimming paradise with slides and a spray park, let the children have fun on the trampolines, in the mini-cars or the indoor and outdoor climbing park. There is an absolutely packed entertainment programme.
- Facilities: all the cottages of Center Parcs De Huttenheugte have been recently completely renewed and looks absolutely splendid in bright colours and cosy forniture. All cottages, which sleep two to twelve people, are lovely, but special attention to detail has been paid to the Wonders of Nature Cottages which sleep up to six people, have soft rugs, lots of wooden fictures, big-printed wallpaper and playfully decorated bedrooms including treehouse-beds for the children’s rooms. Both the indoor and outdoor pool are great fun for all ages, and there’s a recreational lake for the whole family to enjoy themselves when the weather is warm. Rent a bike, family bike or a standup paddle or join one of the workshops.
- Don’t miss: Plopsa Indoor Coevoorden is one of the best indoor themeparks in The Netherlands and is only a 15-minute walk (!) away from Center Parcs De Huttenheugte. You can easily make your resevation via the Center Parcs app. It makes for a great day out. A little north of the holiday park the N34, also known as Hubebed Highway, will take you up north along all the amazing Dutch Dolmen, the prehistoric tombs still surrounded by mystery. One of the best zoo’s in The Netherlands Wildlands Adventure Zoo Emmen, is also jsu a 25-minite drive away.
Center Parcs Parc Sandur is the smallest Center Parcs in Holland and located not far from Center Parcs de Huttenheugte, in Emmen. The detached holiday homes of the holiday park are located on small islands, surrounded by water. With fine weather you can enjoy sailing and stand up paddle boarding right on your doorstep. This Center Parcs in The Netherlands is made for peace and relaxation. You will love exploring the beautiful landscape of Drenthe with the famous heathlands and the ‘Hunebed Highway’ (N34) which starts near the holiday park and where you can see the mysterious Dutch dolmens.
- Facilities: Center Parcs Parc Sandur has beautifully refurbished cottages that sleep two to twelve people, including kids cottages where kids have their own play room. The holiday park has a small pool with slide and paddling pool. But as a resident of Parc Sandur you are allowed to use Aqua Mundo at nearby Center Parcs De Huttenheugte at a vast discount. There are indoor en outdoor playgrounds for kids, as well as a petting zoo and lots of sports facilities for the whole family.
- Don’t miss: Wildlands Adventure Zoo Emmen (one of the best zoo’s in The Netherlands) is only a short drive from Center Parcs Parc Sandur, as is the start of N34 (or Hunebed Highway) to spot the dozens of Dutch dolmen. Kids will also adore a day out in Plopsa Indoor Coevoorden, just a halfhour’s drive away.
Hidden in a wooded valley near the city of Nijmegen in The East of The Netherlands hides one of the most fun Center Parcs in Holland. Center Parcs Het Heijderbos has beautifully redesigned hotel rooms and cottages for two up to ten people. The holiday park is a dream for both small and grown-up adventurers, because of the huge indoor jungle of no less than 2500 m2 with endless opportunities to play and run, but also 40 different animal species and over 250 exotic plants. The Jungle Dome was built and developed in collaboration with the World Wildlife Fund to teach children more about nature through play. Extra special: at Center Parcs Het Heijderbos you can book a Jungle Cabana, a holiday home decorated in a jungle theme that opens into the indoor jungle of the holiday park.
- Facilities: The Jungle Dome is without a doubt the most special attraction of the holiday park, but there is even more to experience at Het Heijderbos. There is a large indoor and outdoor swimming pool with slides, a whitewater slide, a special snorkeling pool and children’s pools. Inside, children can play laser tag, mini golf, go to the trampoline park or participate in the many activities of the entertainment program. Outside there are several playgrounds, climbing walls, a zip line, a petting zoo and even a riding school. It is possible to rent bicycles, electric mini-cars, boats and e-scooters. If you need to catch your breath, pull up a seat at one of the seven restaurants or simply have your meal delivered to your cottage.
- Don’t miss: the city of Nijmegen (the oldest city in The Netherlands) is only a 40-minute drive away. Nationaal Park De Maasduinen is an hour’s drive south from the holiday park and offers the most stunning hiking trails.
Center Parc Het Meerdal is one of the most recently refurbished Center Parcs in Holland. All the holiday park’s cottages have been completely redecorated and look fresh and colourful. Animal loving kids will have a blast at this holiday park, with a special pony park to care for pony’s and take them for a walk, as well as special pony and dog cottages. On top of all the facilities and activities in Center Parcs in The Netherlands Center Parc Het Meerdal also has an experience farm where children learn more about growing produce and hel take care of herbs, vegetables and fruit.
- Facilities: the indoor and outdoor pool with slides, rafting and a wild river will keep the whole family engages for hours. On grey and rainy days kids can play indoors minigolf or play for ours in the indoor playground, on the trampolines, the game room or climbing walls. Outdoors offers just as much fun with ziplining, sailing, climbing and kick biking.
- Don’t miss: the forests of northern Limburg offer many bike and hiking trails and if you’d like to drag the children away long enough from all the activities at the holiday park, a day in family theme park Toverland may be just the incentive.
Moorlands, hiking trails and stunning autumn colours. A stay at Center Parcs Limburgse Peel is just the ticket when you need to reload. The cottages of the holiday park are scattered throughout the forest and from your living room you’ll be able to spot lots of different birds and maybe see a nosy squirrel or two. All cottages are adorned with a fireplace (firewood is available at the park shop) and VIP cottages have a sauna for you to have some proper time to relax.
- Facilities: Aqua Mundo at Center Parcs Limburgse Peel has a large indoor and outdoor pool with slides, a lazy river and really fun paddling pools for smaller guests. Children will play for hours in the large outdoor playgrounds and at the petting zoo or they can join one of the many workshops and activities of the entertainment programma. The holiday park also has a lot of sports facilities, such as badminton, tennis and golf.
- Don’t miss: the historical market town of Venlo is right on your doorstep. You can shop till you drop at Designer Outlet Roermond. And if a day of thrills is on order, Toverland will be just the ticket.
Center Parcs De Kempervennen is one of the most populair Center Parcs in The Netherlands. Located amongst small lakes, surrounded by moorlands there is no question why. All the cottages at the holiday park have recently been completely renovated and redecorated and as well as stay in a lovely, comfortable cottage, you can also stay in a cottage with spa facilities and stay in a boathouse. It doesn’t get more Dutch than this.
- Facilities: as well as a really fun kid’s pool and wild river, the Aqua Mundo pool at Center Parcs De Kempervennen has two spectacular slides, one of them bein the only looping water slide in The Netherlands. The holiday park is a place for nature lovers and thrill seekers alike with the opportunity to go skiing and snowboarding at Montana Snow Center or wakeboarding or waterskiiing when the weather warms up. Younger children will enjoy the petting zoos, the scavenger hunts, various indoor and outdoor playgrounds and the extensive entertainment programme.
- Don’t miss: Center Parcs De Kempervennen is a stone’s throw away from Eindhoven, design city of The Netherlands. In November you can combine your visit to the holiday park with the famous GLOW Light Festival. And if you can, try and lay for a day in Holland’s most amazing and famous themepark Efteling.
More holiday parks in The Netherlands
- If you have your heart set on a holiday park close to Amsterdam, I recommend you stay at Marinapark Volendam, Center Parcs Zandvoort or Europarcs Het Amsterdamse Bos.
- Amazing holiday parks at the beach are Beach Resort Nieuwvliet Bad, Hof Domburg and Strandhuisjes Julianadorp read more in my article The best beach houses in The Netherlands.
- Nature lovers will absolutely enjoy Holiday park Miggelenberg, Landal Hoog Vaals and Holiday Park Het land van Bartje.
- Are you more into glamping, read my article Glamping in The Netherlands.
Center Parcs Holland
Save on Pinterest